Thursday, December 16, 2010

This got me thinking.

I should be sleeping. Obviously, I am not. Instead, I've been watching some tv online, facebooking and reading some of my favorite blogs.

A couple of days ago, I found myself on Indiana's site: adored austin. It's one of the blogs I've been looking at this evening. I like reading it. She dresses super cute. She's funny. She lives in Austin and I used to live there. And tonight, while looking through her posts, I discovered she has a couple of other blogs as well. The one that really caught my attention is God's Wardrobe. This particular blog is based on these two verses from Colossians:

"Dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it." [Colossians 3:12-13]

That's some pretty powerful stuff. And definitely something to think about and to strive to be like. I know I could do a better job of living my life this way. These verses definitely got me thinking and I think they are worth sharing. Hopefully they'll do the same for you. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this verse will definitely be on my list of favorite. Very powerful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete