Monday, December 20, 2010

Lots-o-food!

Christmas week is here!!! I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it. As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I had my first Christmas dinner of the year yesterday. And, as expected, it was wonderful.

Mimi prepared lunch for everyone and it was delish, to say the least. She's literally the best cook I know. We had turkey, ham, dressing, corn casserole, slaw, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, lima beans and all the works. Then, to top it off, for dessert we had custard, jam cake, brown sugar pie, german chocolate cake and fudge. As you can imagine, we all ate ourselves into a comatose state. But it was well worth it.

My grandparents gave me Just Dance 2 as a gift and I LOVE it. After getting the original Just Dance last year, when I saw the ad for the second installment, I knew I had to have it. So before long, I'll be busting out with moves like these:


In addition to opening gifts at my grandparents', Luke and I decided to let each other open one gift a little early. Well, I say one, but Luke actually wound up letting me open five gifts early. I got a coat, two shirts, a bag and a cookbook. All the clothes are beautiful and I can't wait to wear them.  And I love, love, love the cookbook.

My new Gooseberry Patch cookbook. Love this thing!
So, since I have the fancy new cookbook and Luke is staying with me for a few days, I decided to try out a couple of the recipes. Tonight, I made the Marvelous Meatloaf, Garlicky Parmesan Asparagus, Country Potato Bake and Rocky Road Bars for dessert. All in all, I'd say the meal was a success.

Cooking the asparagus.

Loved the meatloaf, if I do say so myself!
(It tasted better than it looks in this photo.)

And the potatoes weren't bad either.
I think my dinner guests were pretty pleased as well.

Even though it appears that they were just playing with their food here.
Trust me, they chowed down as well.

This cookbook is one of my absolute faves. I look forward to trying many of the other recipes as well.

Well, now we're off to watch Eclipse. (Yes, I'm 27 years old and yes, I'm a Twilight fan. Nothing wrong with that.) Hope everyone has a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment