Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's my birthday! Well, almost.

So my birthday is less than one week away. On January 4th, I turn 28 years old. (Ah! Someone please tell me how I got this old so fast!) Normally, I don't get too excited about my birthday. It's pretty close to Christmas. Everyone just finished celebrating New Year's. People are kinda over the whole holiday festivities by the 4th of January. But this year is different. I have plans and I'm pretty pumped!


Since my birthday is on a Tuesday, I've taken vacation days both Tuesday and Wednesday. Luke is coming back from Arkansas to take me out in Lexington for the big 2-8. Now this excites me for a lot of reasons:

1. Luke's coming back from Arkansas. Yes, I just said this, but he loves his duck hunting and I appreciate that he's coming back just for my birthday.

2. I love Lexington. I had so much fun living there in college and I think it's one of the prettiest towns out there. I don't get to hang out there too much these days, so when I do, I enjoy it. Plus, Luke's never been so I get to show him around.

3. I'll be having dinner at one of my fave restaurants with some of my best friends. Who wouldn't get excited about that?

4. We'll be staying at a hotel the night of the 4th. I don't know what it is about me and hotels. But I LOVE them. I'd stay in one almost every night if I could. I'm weird, I know.

I'll let y'all know how my birthday bash turns out. I have a feeling 28's gonna be a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment