Monday, December 13, 2010

I made it!

For those of you waiting on the edge of your seat to hear about my drive to Tennessee yesterday, you can rest easy. The drive went without a hitch and I made it in regular time. My boyfriend, however, was not so lucky. Like I mentioned before, he was driving from Arkansas and wound up being on the road for 12 hours, just sitting on the interstate for 6 of those hours. But alas, he made it home and I was really glad to see him.

This week is gonna be a busy one. I'm spending some time with Luke before he heads back to Arkansas and I head off all over Kentucky for work the latter part of this week. I have a couple conference calls, a hair cut, my dog's grooming appointment and a lot of driving to fit in too.

I'll be staying with EV, my best friend from college, on Thursday night. She lives in Northern KY and I have a meeting there Friday morning, so I figure I'll combine work and play and spend some time with her before heading out Friday. Once I wrap up my meeting, I'm determined to finish all my Christmas shopping that day. I don't have much left but nonetheless, the thought is a little daunting.

And I have my first family Christmas dinner of the year this weekend as well. I'm looking forward to all the good food, gifts and QT with the fam.

Before I go, I'll share this little gem with you. This is Luke earlier tonight. Yes, he's crazy. And no, he doesn't normally dress or look like this. Oh, and that's his cat Abbie. She's even giving him the "What are you doing?!" look.



Alright, I'm off to read a bit before bed. I'm currently reading "Mum's the Word" by Kate Collins. I'll throw it out there again that I'm looking for new book suggestions (I'm not above begging, people). So if you have any, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment