Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Camera Question

This is just a question I have for anyone who happens to read my blog. I'm looking for a new camera. I have a digital camera I received as a gift a few years ago. I like it just fine but I'm looking for something that can take better quality photos. Now, you should know, I have zero photography skills. I can aim the camera at my subject and push the button to take the picture...that's about it. I'm willing to learn but I don't expect to become the next professional photographer. With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions for a good camera that would fit my needs? I'm just tired of taking so-so pictures for my blog with the camera on my phone.

I found this camera at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not because, like I said, I know nothing about photography and/or cameras. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great camera...I have a Canon Rebel XT and I LOVE IT....You might want to look at Canon's as well. I definitely would do a little research before you take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Kelley's tweet... Ditto what Audrey said about the Rebel. I have the XTi and I LOVE it. I find it extremely intuitive and there are lots of tutorials on the web that have helped me with some of the 'advanced' features. Good luck! Upgrading my camera gave me a whole new perspective on photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just pick it out and I will buy it. Problem solved. ehhhh

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat Lauren! I tweeted about your post and someone responded that they have a Nikon D80 and LOVE it. They also said that cnet.com has lots of reviews on cameras and would be very helpful! Hope this helps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a million, Kelley! I will definitely check it out. And hopefully we'll both be the proud of new owners of some nice cameras soon! :)

    ReplyDelete