Thursday, January 13, 2011

A few healthy recipes.

When I was at the store today, I picked up this magazine:


I've actually never read this magazine before in my life. But while I was waiting in line, I noticed a couple of recipes that caught my attention and decided to buy it. I thought I'd share a few here. All these recipes have 400 calories so they're great for the waistline!

Chicken, Grape & Walnut Salad:
Mix 3 oz. chopped grilled chicken breast (or use skinless rotisserie chicken to save time), 1/2 cup halved grapes, 3 Tbsp. plan low-fat yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over 3 cups romaine lettuce.


Tex-Mex Black Bean & Rice Bowl:
Combine 3/4 cup cooked brown rice, 1/2 cup canned black beans (rinsed and drained) and 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper strips, drained and chopped. In a skillet over medium-low heat, saute bean mixture until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with 1/4 avocado, chopped, and 4 Tbsp. homemade salas.

Quick and easy lunch recipe.

Pita Pizza:
Preheat broiler. Puree 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, 2 tsp. olive oil and 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar; spread on 1 small whole-grain pita, split into 2 rounds. Top with 1/2 cup baby spinach and 2 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella. Broil until cheese bubbles, about 8 minutes. Top with 2 Tbsp. chopped shredded basil.

Try this recipe for pizza that is low calorie and healthy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment