Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Farm girl.

After work today, I headed down to my Dad's for a few hours. My Dad still lives in the house I grew up in. The house is located on a decent size farm and let me tell ya, it's pretty far out there and real country. I love it.

Here's the view just a few yards from the front door:


I actually went down to pick up a couple of trail cameras I helped Luke set out last week. We caught a lot of deer and a few turkeys over the past seven days. And some of the shots are beautiful. Here are a few:





I just love looking at these pictures!

After I picked up the cameras, I helped my Dad with some real physical work: splitting wood. Yes, that's right, I actually helped. Not by throwing around an axe but by loading the wood into the back of my Dad's truck. It was cold and it was hard and I expect to have some real arm muscles by tomorrow as a result.

Here's my Dad doing the real work!


I love getting back to the farm whenever I can. It was a great place to grow up and I consider myself lucky that I'm able to go back as much as I'd like.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I miss your dad's farm and Grandma Russell's! Wandering around in fields, climbing trees for hours, digging up doodle bugs without the worry of bills and life in general..those were the days. Last time I was down Angie, dad, Ashleigh and I (and Teddy of course) all went on a long walk down the branch to Donny's property..loved it..was just like being a kid again with my own little girl. Her face lighting up at everything we showed her was amazing.
    -Miranda-

    ReplyDelete