Friday, January 28, 2011

A diet I can work with.

I just want to take a few minutes and share my new found love for Weight Watchers. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I'm on a diet. But what I haven't shared is that I'm using the Weight Watchers plan to do it. I love like it a lot. (Let's be real here; I'm never going to LOVE a diet.) But I feel so much better and have already lost 5 pounds since Sunday!

I think in the past, I've done well for days or weeks at a time, but then I manage to really screw things up one day and I get the mentality, "Well, I've already messed this up so I guess it really doesn't matter anymore." But that's one of the great things about Weight Watchers - with the flex points, I can still have a meal or two that's worth a few extra points and not shame myself to the point of quitting over it.

Exhibit A: I went out to dinner twice this week with friends. Now, I didn't go crazy and order the least healthy items on the menu but I'm sure the salads I ordered had a few more points than I had allotted for those meals. But still, I've managed to lose! It's a great feeling!



So between this plan and my new commitment to the gym, hopefully I'll be where I want to be weight-wise soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. That is so great Lauren! I am also working on losing weight and becoming healthier. I'm using an app on my iPhone called My Fitness Pal. I just put in my goals and it calculates everything. It says how many calories I need to eat and I track all of my calories with the app! Congrats to you for working so hard! :)

    ReplyDelete