Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Idaho vacation.

Well, it's been a while since I've stopped in to say hello, so HI Y'ALL! I realize I haven't even shared pictures from our vacation in Idaho last month. So I plan to fix that now. I'm just gonna jump right into it.

Okay, first off, did you realize Idaho is this beautiful? I didn't but I certainly know now.


We stayed in a town called McCall. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great vacation spot! It's such a cute town with lots to do - including plenty of cute little shops to stop by and visit. I came away with a few finds and just love them all!


Here are a few shots of the house where we stayed for the week:



One evening, we drove back down to Boise from McCall to go on a dinner sleigh ride - so. much. fun. The horses pulled us over the mountain to a small cabin in the woods where we enjoyed live music, delicious food and great entertainment. It was really beautiful up there.


The next morning, we headed out on our snowmobile adventure. I'd never been on a snowmobile before but they were easy to get the hang of and we had a blast. All in all, we rode them for just shy of 50 miles. The views along the trail were breathtaking as well.



So I've already filled you in on our first sleigh ride, but we had another. Our second sleigh ride involved feeding elk. Yep, I said elk. Basically, we sat on bales of hay as the sleigh pulled us out into a field where roughly 100 elk were gathered. The elk came up, while we were still sitting on the bales of hay, and started having lunch. It was cuh-razy and definitely a first for me. But it was really neat to see the elk up close and personal like that. I'm not kidding - the elk's antlers kept rubbing against my jacket and they were close enough to touch.



Of course, you weren't supposed to touch them but someone (Luke) just had to break the rules.


After the sleigh ride, we enjoyed ourselves by tubing down a gigantic hill. Again - so. much. fun. It was a great way to spend our last night in McCall.


I cannot even explain what a wonderful vacation we had. I loved spending time with Luke and his family and would go back in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment